Baby Einstein Cal Chime Ball – 6″
In StockHOW TO WASH THIS TOY
2020 Top Toy of the Year Award finalist by Creative Child Magazine Awards in the Baby & Toddler Soft Toys category
Baby Einstein has always been synonymous with young curiosity. We’ve partnered with them to create a line of toys that blend our lush materials and designs with their characters and inquisitiveness. These gifts are the best of both worlds, with features and forms that engage a baby in each of their five senses and invite parents to play along too.
6″ Cause and effect are the thought behind these chime balls. The chime and crinkle sounds stimulate babies as they play. The soft handle is easy to grab and a variety of textures and colors add to the fun.
A special hangtag highlights various details with suggestions for play activities parents can focus on with their baby.
– Point to and name the different colors and shapes
– Scrunch in your hands and notice how baby reacts to the crinkle sound
– Squeeze the center to activate the squeaker and notice how baby reacts to the sound
– Talk as the character, tell baby what kind of animal it is, where it lives, and what other animal friends it has
– Find the squeaker and squeeze to experience cause and effect
– Run baby’s fingers over the unique textures of each fabric
– Point to and name the different colors and shapes
– Shake the ball to activate the chime and notice how baby reacts to the sound
– Crinkle paper and chime ball inside
– Variety of textures and colors add to the fun
– Machine wash, air dry
Why we love Baby Einstein First Discoveries:
– Mom-created brand
– 20+ years of developmental toys
– Designed for mutual discovery, hangtags give tips on how to play
– Curiosity that you can hug
We ship to the United States only. All US orders ship via Standard Shipping 3 – 7 business days starting at $5.99. If you are outside of this area, please call us to place your order at 1-800-451-4387, or contact one of our International Distributors to find a stockist near you.
Standard domestic shipping (excluding Baby Mats and Stick Horses):
Up to $29.99 = $5.99 shipping
Up to $59.99 = $7.99 shipping
Up to $99.99 = $9.99 shipping
Baby Mats ship at $7.99 each. Stick Horses ship at $16.99 each.
Did you know that when you order online through marymeyer.com, you’re actually ordering from a small, local retailer in your area? Mary Meyer uses Kibo, a third party, which offers a secure online system that helps us fulfill our online orders with participating retailers who have the items you ordered in stock. That way you get your order shipped quickly, and in doing so are helping out a local small business. Please refer to our Order Policies & Information for more info.
WASHING (newer soft toys, including baby mats, those with squeakers, crinkle paper, plastic activity pieces, and rattles):
– Place your friend into a mesh bag or clean pillow case
– Tie a knot or use a rubber band to keep them safe and secure in their bag
– Wash in cold water on the delicate cycle
– All toys should be laid flat to air dry
– After drying, brush or “fluff”, and ask if they enjoyed the ride
CLEANING (vintage toys, those with a sound box inside, metallic details, and long pile fabric):
– These toys should not be fully submerged
– Dampen a cloth with water and mild soap
– Wash the surface of your toy lovingly
– Allow to air dry and then brush or “fluff” the toy
Pacifier nipple: Wash the nipple before initial use: Place the nipple portion in warm water using a mild liquid soap. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Remove it from heat and pour into a mug. Then place the nipple portion of the WubbaNub into the water for 2 – 4 minutes to sterilize. Allow it to cool and squeeze the nipple to release the excess water inside. Now it’s ready to use!
Plush: WubbaNubs are made lovingly by hand, so hand washing is the best method to preserve quality. It is also machine washable – place the WubbaNub in mesh laundry bag, wash on gentle cycle and allow to air dry. Make sure to wash the nipple before use (see above).
Sterilizer: A moist heat sterilizer unit can also be used with the WubbaNub product.
*Never place the WubbaNub in the dryer, as the heating element can affect the integrity of the silicone pacifier.
*For sanitary reasons, we do not recommend placing the WubbaNub in the dishwasher.
These are just some of the examples of why a Mary Meyer toy is safe, no matter which toy it is. Our 5 step approach to safety:
Design – Exceeding ASTM standards is the mantra of our experienced designers. Getting it safe right from the drawing board is the key. Whether they are specifying how items are sewn or which fabrics and components to use, our designers constantly make decisions that keep our toys among the safest in the industry.
Testing – The fabrics and construction of all Mary Meyer toys are fully tested to meet and very often exceed US safety standards. If a toy fails the tests, it is either dropped before production or is redesigned until it passes all safety tests.
Production – Built-in processes during production are designed to maximize safety. Examples are:
– All toys go through metal detectors to assure no metal fragments are inside our toys.
– All plastic eyes are sonic-welded in place to assure they remain firmly and safely attached to the surrounding fabric.
– All beans are sewn into inner bean bags in case during the life of the toy, there is a seam break. The beans remain contained inside a pillow.
Inspection – Ongoing inspections during and after production are an integral part of our safety program. Not only are toys inspected for safety, they are also reviewed for quality control, design consistency, correct labeling, and package integrity.
Compliance Certification – Mary Meyer has pdf’s of each toy’s CPSC Compliance Certificate available to the public as required by law.
Mary Meyer does not use paint on any of our products. We test for Flammability, Small Parts, Choking Hazards, Torque, Tension among others. Our toys comply with the elimination of six phthalates in children’s products, effective February 10, 2009.
Mary Meyer certifies that the products we have sold you are in compliance with all current standards. We are committed to meeting or exceeding all government requirements because safety has been a top priority with us for over 80 years. This is a third generation family business; our toys have to be as safe for our children and grandchildren as they are for yours. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Safety for Infants
Mary Meyer mandates all of our products are completely safety tested, at independent testing facilities and meet or exceed all applicable safety standards as set forth by the regulatory bodies in the United States. This includes physical/mechanical standards, as well as recent legislation regarding chemicals such as BPA, lead, and Phthalates.
All parties involved in the manufacture of Mary Meyer Corporation products are required to follow these guidelines and all tests are conducted by registered independent testing facilities.