WASHING for newer soft toys, including baby mats, those with squeakers, crinkle paper, plastic activity pieces, and rattles:
- Give your toy a hug and tell them it’s all going to be ok.
- Place your friend into a mesh bag or clean pillow case.
- Tie a knot or use a rubber band to keep them safe and secure in their bag.
- Wash in cold water on the delicate cycle. Listen for their giggles.
DRYING soft toys:
- All toys should be laid flat to air dry.
- After drying, brush or fluff, and ask if they enjoyed the ride.
Cleaning for vintage toys, those with a sound box inside, metallic details, and long pile fabric:
- These toys should not be fully submerged, they are poor swimmers.
- Dampen a cloth with water and mild soap. Tell them it’s going to be okay.
- Wash the surface of your toy lovingly, asking, “who’s the good boy/girl?”
- Allow to air dry and then brush or “fluff” the toy .
Pacifier nipple: Wash the nipple before initial use: Place the nipple portion in warm water using a mild liquid soap. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Remove it from heat and pour into a mug. Then place the nipple portion of the WubbaNub into the water for 2 – 4 minutes to sterilize. Allow it to cool and squeeze the nipple to release the excess water inside. Now it’s ready to use!
Plush: WubbaNubs are made lovingly by hand, so hand washing is the best method to preserve quality. It is also machine washable – place the WubbaNub in mesh laundry bag, wash on gentle cycle and allow to air dry. Make sure to wash the nipple before use (see above).
Sterilizer: A moist heat sterilizer unit can also be used with the WubbaNub product.
*Never place the WubbaNub in the dryer, as the heating element can affect the integrity of the silicone pacifier.
*For sanitary reasons, we do not recommend placing the WubbaNub in the dishwasher.